91% of Planning Engineers cannot find planning jobs! You know why?
As a result of a recent survey we conducted in our Telegram Planning Engineer Jobs Group, we found an interesting outcome that 91% of Planning Engineers who applied for jobs did not get any response from the recruiters. However, the other 9% get contacted and hired through our Telegram group. Therefore, i want to share with you some tips and tricks to catch a good job in the planning field.
A: Survey Results:
I raised a question in our Planning Engineer Jobs group (around 1,000 active member now by the date i am writing this article and i will tell you later in this article how you can join) with four options as follow:
Did you get a job from this group:
1- Yes, i got a job from this group (response 4%)
2- I only got an interview (response 4%)
3- I only got a call (response 1%)
4- Nothing at all (response 91%)
B: Survey Analysis:
9% of planning engineers who apply for jobs posted in the group got contacted by the companies (4% + 4% + 1%). This is very high percentage since not all the jobs in the group are exclusive to our website. However, the interesting figure that out of this 9%, 4% got a job; which is very good. The question here; how to make yourself from the 4% who can get a job whenever they apply for a planning engineer job?
C: How to make yourself from the top 4% who can get a planning engineer job?
In average, each job post for a planning engineer job, around 50 engineers apply for this job. So, following are tips and tricks to make you in top of all other candidates:
1- Are you qualified?
In order to get a job you should be well qualified for this job. Remember, you are not alone in the market; many other engineers are applying for the same job and companies will definitely select the best. Although, you can make your resume looks like you are qualified; but that is why out of 10’s engineers in the interview, company will select only one; or maybe none at all. So, how you make your self qualified? The simple answer is to get a professional training. I will not try to sell you my planning training courses 🙂 although it is in my opinion is professional training; but i will tell you instead how to evaluate any training course in the following points:
- Course instructor should be a senior planning engineer / planning manager who participated in several mega projects.
- Training Course should be based on real project case study.
- Planning training should be included not only planning tool (primavera).
- Smart techniques of planning and scheduling is highly required to reduce the planning tasks time and efforts.
2- Are you telling that you are qualified?
It is not enough to be qualified. Your resume should tell that clearly. Recruiters and HR will look to your resume around 10 seconds before they decide to read it or not. So, which message you can deliver in 10 seconds to draw their attention? Following tips and tricks to do so:
- Your resume should has in a clear big font your title. This is the first information HR will look for.
- Your Summary. In 3 to 4 lines tell your education, experience and what you are looking for in your future job. No need to make it long; only 3 to 4 lines paragraph.
- Please, spend some time to format your resume properly. Imagine; i receive many resumes from juniors specially with complete blank page in the end. I will never hire or contact a person who did not spend sometime to format his resume and align the paragraphs.
3- Are you aware of the new planning jobs opportunities?
We have good news for you in this point. Our Planning Jobs section is ready for you. You can apply to any planning job with one click only. But First You need to upload your resume to be able to apply for the planning jobs. Furthermore, you can create jobs alert by email or by Joining our Telegram Group. ( I will not post the Telegram group join link here because of spam, but you can ask any of your friends who joined the group to send the join link; or send me a request to join Telegram Planning Jobs Group on : [email protected] and i will send you back the join link).
Additionally, we are working on a mobile application which will make it much easy for you to get notifications for the new jobs and apply in few steps. We will announce once it is live.