One the most common problems planning engineer expose to when importing a Primavera file with “XER Format” are “POBS”.
“POBS” could cause errors while importing or slowdown the importing process. In this topic we will figure out a way that can reduce the importing time to the minimum with keeping all our data safe.
Steps to remove “POBS” from your “XER Format File”:
- After you export your project to a “XER Format” File, right click on the file and choose to open with “WordPad”.
- Press “Ctrl + F” and look for the line which starts with “%T”, where you will see the word “POBS” next to.
- Select (Highlight) the text starting from this row till you find the next “%T” in the document.
- Delete this content “Press Delete from you Keyboard”, and be careful, DELETE ONLY THESE LINES, any other deleted rows will damage your file and it will not be able to open, you can make a copy as a trial.
- When you close the document a message will appear if you want to save changes you did, Click on “Save”.
- Here you will see the difference in the file size as it changed from A to B.
- Now you can import your file with the minimum time required.