Professional Planning Engineer (PPE) – Online Workshop
Professional Planning Engineer Workshop
Download PPE Course Description and Contents:PPE – Course Description and Course Content
Online planning and scheduling workshop with self-directed learning.
We provide you with the content and material, you decide your learning pace.
Planning Engineer, making studying planning easier!
The Professional Planning Engineer (PPE) has been developed in a manner that will aid planning engineers in gaining the required knowledge, with the help of the study techniques and practical content that we develop and provide, which will empower them to plan, monitor, control, and report construction projects in a real construction projects environment. The aim of this course is to provide planning engineers with the right knowledge, content, and support which will enable them to comprehend and apply the theories they learn in an effective manner, thereby transforming them into smart planning engineers in the professional world.
Workshops for project management can be costly and in this way, it is essential to guarantee that the workshop you are going to sign up for will be worth your time and money. There should be a genuine profit for the preparation speculation, which is why this course has been specially formulated while keeping the end benefit of the trainee in mind.
Note: This Course is part of Planning Advanced Package – 3 Professional Courses and Primavera 50 Tips where you can save 513 USD. Click here for more information
Why is this course any different?
A meagre amount time in construction projects is dedicated towards planning and making changes and amends to these plans; nearly 15% to 20% of the total project time. The remaining time is often directed and dedicated to other important project management activities, like monitoring, controlling, and reporting. Even though planning is allotted a smaller fraction of the total time available, it is still the most crucial element of the entire project. If the planning is done wrong or if tiny errors take place, the entire project may be at risk of either failing or running late. Hence, the focus of this planning and project management course is to help planning engineers carry out efficient management of projects, with the help of a carefully formulated mega project case study. The aim of this course will not only be to provide planning engineers with book knowledge but to be able to give practical knowledge as well, with the help of the case study.
Project Management Plan:
The scope of the workshop will not be confined to just study material, quizzes, and exams, but will rather extend to hypothetical applications of the planning techniques as well. This will be done with the help of a project management development plan that will be carried out in this course. This project will be carried out from scratch and will be aimed at improving the project management capabilities and capacities of the planning engineers. The project will comprise of 164 buildings, 170 villas, external works, infrastructure works, and landscape works; all of which will be worth 600+ Millions U.S Dollars. The reason for the development of this technique as a part of the course curriculum is to help planning engineers polish various skills related to construction planning and project management, like:
- Time Management (detailed construction time schedule)
- Resource Utilization (develop cost and resource loading)
- Labor Management (monitor the productivity)
- Procurement (develop materials tracking log and monitor the progress)
- Shop drawings (develop shop drawings tracking log and monitor the progress)
- Progress Reporting (different reports for different project team members)
The scope of this project is not limited to the improvement of these capacities only but tries to extend its reach and benefits to as a great extent as possible. Since the core aim of this course is to help planning engineers enhance their planning and management skills in relation to handling and carrying out projects, the focus will be on a smart techniques and tools to perform regular tasks much more faster and accurate.
The study material for this course has been developed with the help of a knowledgeable planning and control manager with 14 years of firsthand experience of project management. This practical experience comprises of project management of high end, mega scale projects. Moreover, the course instructor has gained his degree in management of construction projects and infrastructure from the Liverpool University, United Kingdom. Our aim is to provide planning engineers with the best course content which will help them learn valuable planning techniques and gain the right skillset.
Testimonials from previous workshop attendees:
B: Who should attend this course:
In the event that you are totally new to planning/scheduling and wish to advance into the business, a workshop class can help you gain the right skillset to begin with. This course aims to cater to anyone who is willing to learn and understand the scope and operation of project planning in depth using smart and fast techniques. Senior planning engineer, junior planning engineer, project manager, construction manager, site engineer, anyone and everyone can benefit from the contents of this course.
Our goal is to equip our trainees with not just the relevant information for project management but also to polish and enhance their present capacities. We acknowledge and understand a trainees’ thirst to learn and improve his/her skillset and this is why we try our level best to create course content up to everyone’s expectations. We promise to provide you with not just the traditional knowledge about project management and construction planning, but practical techniques as well. Our aim to ensure 100% satisfaction of our fellow trainees. If, however, by the end of the course you are not content with the course and its material, then we offer a full refund of the course.
Who will benefit from this course:
- Construction managers willing to improve their planning and management skills of projects, in order to improve the success ratio of big scale projects;
- Engineers who wish to improve their project planning and management skills and to improve the success ratio of planning projects;
- Engineers who wish to shift their careers to planning engineer ;
- Builders and construction companies willing to take up large scale or government project management plans;
- Fresh graduate engineers who are willing to start a profession in the field of project planning and management;
- Site supervisors who are willing to improve their on-field project management and resource allocation skills;
- Company directors seeking to increase the efficiency of projects
C: what you will get from this course:
- All study material including our special planning excel tools
- Unlimited online access to All Video aid with the lecture contents
- Step by step guide for the development of functional and working mega project (as outlined above).
- The step by step guide will include: Time schedule, cost and resource loadings, procurement strategies, budgeting methods, mini schedules, productivity rates, planned weekly quantities, etc.
- Ability to enhance management and Microsoft excel skills with the help of practical and time saving excel tools.
- An activity bank with relationship which can be utilized by planning engineers in any project easily and effectively
- Productivity Bank: enabling planning engineers to forecast and estimate the labor force required for any project, of any scale.
- Specially developed mobile application, both platforms: IOS, and Android.
- The mobile app will enable engineers to upload excel sheets and view the progress of tasks.
- The mobile app will enable engineers to send reminder emails to the associated project team.
- Monitoring, controlling, and reporting templates, dashboards, how to manage huge data and connect them together to avoid rework and repetitive works.
- Access to support forum where the helpdesk staff is at the disposal of the engineers.
- The support forum will provide answers to student queries and will also provide solutions to various problems in the course.
D: Workshop duration and study method:
The duration of the course is spread over a time frame of 8 weeks. The course has been set in a week-by-week format so as to enable engineers to study effectively, meanwhile limiting the amount of study pressure and burden that is imposed upon them. However, the course is self-paced. This means that all the course content will be made available on the portal and will be accessible to trainees since day 1. They can decide what, how, when, and how much content they wish to study. After the trainees register for the course, they will be given access to the course content, and there will be no time restrictions upon the content. The content can be viewed at any given time and can be used again if required.
E: Workshop Table of Contents:
The course module has been listed in the Curriculum tap as per the photo below:
Access to the course curriculum will be made available instantly, once the course registration fee has been paid.
This course has been carefully formulated, keeping in mind the end goal of any engineer willing to enroll this course: To gain a skillset which is applicable in the real construction projects. Since corporate sectors are growing all over the world, the need for efficient and effective project planning engineers is rising at a pace faster than ever before. In order to cope up with this demand, this course has been developed.
The course does not bound trainees to study week-by-week, but rather provides all the course material in the beginning. This allows more freedom for the trainees, enabling them to plan the pace and amount of studying as per their will. The course does not aim at only trainees willing to gain knowledge about construction planning and project management but has also given regard to project managers and other relevant corporate entities which are willing to improve their planning and project management skills.
The project development plan is to help instill the concepts of the course into the minds of the trainees. We do not aim to just cram information into the minds of the trainees, we aim to empower them and provide them with all the relevant tools, applications, and knowledge which will help them excel in their career.
Most Asked Questions and its answers:
Q: Can i claim PDU’s against the course hours.
A: Yes you can claim PDU’s under category B continuing education.
Q: Could you please tell me when the lessons will be available? Is it live streaming?
A: The course lessons will be available for you immediately after you purchase the course. This course is online not live; however we provide full support to any unclear points and we welcome discussions.
Q: Is there an exam or grading for evaluation, and certificate will be given to only who pass the exam?
A: There is a project at the end of the course. There is an assignment for each week, your final project is the collection of these assignments. Do not worry, after you watch the lessons, you will find the assignment an easy task to do.
Still have questions? Contact us now and we will answer all your questions:
Mobile Phone: +201277767728
- Lectures 36
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 256
- Assessments Yes
Wk-1 How to study the project and settle the planning concept
WK2- Prepare B.O.Q for Planning
- Lesson 2.0 – Check what was wrong in week 1 documents
- Lesson 2.1 – Introduction – Prepare B.O.Q for Planning
- Lesson 2.2 -Know how to work with excel macros in 10 MIN Only
- Lesson 2.3 – Prepare B.O.Q ( Add Ref. No & Merge Items description )
- Lesson 2.4 – Prepare B.O.Q ( Add Div. No. & Add main Title for BOQ Items )
- Lesson 2.5 – Prepare B.O.Q ( Combined all BOQ Items in one sheet )
- Lesson 2.6 – Check your calculations
Wk3- Planning in Excel
WK4- Planning in Primavera
- Lesson 4.1 Create project schedule in excel ready for primavera import
- Lesson 4.2 Import activities with relationships from excel to primavera part 1
- Lesson 4.2 Import activities with relationships from excel to primavera part 2
- Lesson 4.3 Import activities cost and resources from excel to primavera
- Lesson 4.4 Import Materials, Shop Drawings activities, and learn how to link activities in Excel
WK5- Monitor the project progress, project resources, and productivity
Wk6- Controlling the project
Wk7- Project reporting
I learned many tricks and techniques in this course
One of the best courses i've ever seen. Great content and major guideline for any beginner planning engineer to become a professional. Thank you very much!
Thank you for a great content
its one of the best courses to make a professional planning engineer
What a professional Course!