The Data Management and Planning Reporting Skills course is a valuable investment for planning engineers, project managers, construction managers, and site engineers seeking to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to manage data and report on construction projects in a real-world environment.
Our course is carefully crafted with the help of study techniques and practical content, specifically designed to provide trainees with the right knowledge, content, and support needed to effectively comprehend and apply the theories they learn.
Who needs this course?
Our course is designed for a diverse range of professionals in the construction industry seeking to enhance their data management and reporting skills, ultimately improving the success ratio of large-scale projects. These include:
- Construction managers who aspire to improve their project management skills and enhance their ability to manage complex projects effectively.
- Engineers looking to hone their project reporting and management skills to ensure the success of their planning projects.
- Engineers who wish to transition into planning engineering roles and require the necessary skills and expertise to do so.
- Builders and construction companies looking to take on large-scale or government project management plans.
- Fresh graduates looking to establish themselves in the field of project planning and management.
- Site supervisors seeking to enhance their on-field project management and resource allocation skills.
- Company directors interested in improving project efficiency and success rates.
Our course caters to the needs of individuals at all stages of their careers, providing them with the tools and knowledge necessary to excel in the dynamic field of construction project management.
Project Management Plan
The scope of the course will not be limited to study material only, but will also extend to hypothetical applications of planning and reporting techniques. This will be achieved through a project management development plan that will be conducted during the course. The project will aim to enhance the project reporting capabilities and capacities of engineers and will comprise 164 buildings, 170 villas, external works, infrastructure works, and landscape works, with a total value of over 600 million U.S. dollars. The development of this technique as a part of the course curriculum is intended to help engineers refine various skills related to construction reporting and project management, including:
- Time Management (detailed construction time reporting)
- Resource Utilization (develop cost and resource reports)
- Labor Management (monitor the productivity planned vs actual spent Hrs.)
- Procurement (develop materials tracking and monitor the progress)
- Shop drawings (develop shop drawings tracking and monitor the progress)
- Progress reporting (different reports for different project team members)
The course scope is not limited to the reports available in the course lessons. The course support forums will extend creativity to develop new reports and dashboards based on the learners’ ideas and requirements. The primary objective of the course is to help planning and site engineers/managers enhance their planning and management skills with respect to reporting projects. The course will focus on smart techniques and tools to perform regular tasks faster and more accurately.
Course duration and study method
The duration of the recorded videos is 6 hours, with an additional 14 hours for practice. As we receive feedback and requests for new reports/dashboards, we’ll add new lessons to the course. The course is self-paced, which means that all content is accessible on the portal from day 1.
Trainees can choose what, how, when, and how much they wish to study. Upon registering for the course, trainees will have unrestricted access to the content. The content can be viewed at any time and used again as needed.
“Access to the course curriculum will be made available instantly, once the course registration fee has been paid.”
What will you get from this course?
- Learn the importance of data management in project management.
- Understand the differences between an Excel sheet and an Excel database.
- Learn how to convert an Excel sheet to an Excel database.
- Receive special Excel sheets and macros that will help you distribute project values, man-hours, and quantities by week and month using dates from Primavera.
- Learn how to create an effective database for your project.
- Discover how to link different tables with relationships.
- Learn how to troubleshoot Excel relationship issues.
- Learn how to create powerful dashboards that display planned and actual values based on EVM (Money) and man-hours.
- Discover how to create detailed reports that show planned value, earned value, planned percentage, actual percentage, planned quantity, and executed quantity by updating the database with the actual percentage completed.
- Learn how to identify activities that have spent more working hours than your budget, how many hours your project has lost, and how many hours you have saved.
- Create a project cash flow based on any level of your Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Create reports for man-hours required per month/week and per any WBS category, such as stage, zone, area, etc.
- Learn how to create a report showing the project planned quantity per week/month and per division of work, bill of quantity (BOQ) item, BOQ unit, specific time frame, etc.
- Benefit from continuous improvement as we keep developing new reports based on your ideas and the discussions in the support forums.
- Access the support forum to get answers to your queries and find solutions to various report/dashboard ideas.
Certificate of Completion
Completing this course and receiving the certificate of attendance can enhance your professional reputation and provide a competitive advantage in the job market. The certificate serves as tangible evidence of your newly acquired knowledge and skills and can demonstrate to potential employers or clients your commitment to professional development.
In addition, having completed this course and earned the certificate can open up new opportunities for career advancement or career change. It can also serve as a foundation for pursuing more advanced courses or certifications in the field of project management and data analysis.
Free Access to Support Forums
As a student in this course, you’ll get free access to all the discussions in the course support forums. Our support forums is a community where you can share your ideas, thoughts, and questions. Experts from all over the world are participating to discuss ideas, and to find solutions for the student’s problems. If you have any questions during the course, don’t hesitate to ask them in the support forums.
You can access the course support forums here: Data Management and Reporting Support Forums
Download Course Contents:
If you’re interested in taking additional courses, we suggest enrolling in our advanced planning package which includes this course along with two others, plus a bonus course at a discounted price. Would you like to learn more about this package? click this link: Advanced Planning Package
- Lectures 20
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 1008
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes