A few weeks ago I started my Online Master Degree in Project Management from Liverpool University. In this post i will brief you how it works, and what is my feedback and how you can get discount on your programme.
1- University of Liverpool world ranking:
- The world ranking of Liverpool university is very high, specifically from the best 101-150 university on the world according to shanghai ranking website. Ref. University of Liverpool world ranking
- Liverpool University is a Project Management Institute (PMI) Registered Education Provider
2- Online Master Degree in Project Management Programmes
There are four trends in Liverpool online Master Programme. Information Technology (IT), Construction and Infrastructure, Oil and Gas, and general track.
The Project Management Master is based on 8 modules and Dissertation. Out of this 8 modules, 6 modules (they call them core modules) are shared with all trends and 2 modules are elective based on the trend you selected. Each module duration is 8 weeks except the first module duration is 10 weeks.
1- Core project management modules:
- Introduction to Project Management
- Planning and Budgeting with Risk
- Execution and Control with Risk
- Sustainability, Programme and Portfolio Management
- Organisational Behaviour and People Management
- Contracts and Procuremen
2- Elective modules – General Track:
- Total Quality Management (For general track trend)
- Operations Modelling and Simulation (For general track trend)
- Management of Strategic Operations (For general track trend)
- Business Process Management and Systems (For general track trend)
- Economics of Oil, Gas and Energy (For general track and Oil and Gas trends)
- Managing Energy Sources (For general track and Oil and Gas trends)
- Project Management Application: Construction (For general track and Construction and Infrastructure trends)
- Integrated Infrastructure Management (For Construction and Infrastructure trend)
- Managing Successful IS/IT Projects (For general track and Information Technology (IT) trends)
- Tools and Techniques for Successful IS/IT Projects (For general track and Information Technology (IT) trends)
More information about each module available at Liverpool University Website : Full MSc Online Programme Structure
3- How the online study works ?
Although, the master degree is online and you do not have to physically attend lectures on the class, but the programme has certain deadlines you should follow in order to succeed. The week is divided into days, each day you need to do something as per the following.
|week startedRead the materialsRead the discussion questionRead the assignment (if Any)||Prepare a discussion to be posted on the discussion board||Submit the discussion to the discussion board before midnight your time.||Reply or comment on others discussion||Reply or comment on others discussion||Reply or comment on others discussion||Reply or comment on others discussionSubmit your assignment before midnight your time.|
There are four activities you need to perform during the week in any module:
1- Post a discussion to the discussion board (Every week)
2- Reply and comment in others discussions, 3 to 5 response in different 3 days (Every week)
3- Prepare Hand In assignment (Approximately biweekly)
4- Prepare the module project (start from week 6 up to end of the module).
The Grading is as per the following: Running Weighted Average of Discussion Question DQ Calculated Average(32.0%), Discussion Question Follow-on DQF Calculated Average(20.0%), Hand-In Assignment Calculated Average(20.0%), Individual Project Calculated Average(14.0%), Final Project Calculated Average(14.0%)
In average each Friday (sometimes Thursday or Saturday) you will receive your grade for the previous week along with the instructor comments and evaluation.
No need to worry about all of this, before you start the real study, you will study Student Readiness Module which explain each and every step you need to know.
4- My feedback
During my few weeks on Liverpool University Online Master, I have created the following conclusion:
- The university of Liverpool is very reputable university and do not except to pass the programme because you just paid some money, It needs about 20 hours of study per week.
- There is always some one dedicated to help and guide you through out the programme.
- Being on online master programme is a very good opportunity to see how other cutlers are thinking, acting and the discussion is very useful. In my class, all of us from different countries and nationalities.
- Once you joined the master programme, the Liverpool University provides you with access to Liverpool online library, which includes very rich different sources of information. This will help you a lot in your study.
- Although, i have a very good experiences in project management, and i am PMP certified, but this academic study adding a tenable value to my knowledge and skills.
- My final conclusion, I would recommend this Online Master Degree in Project Management to whoever is involved on the project management, in other words, after my detailed research, this is the best online programme for Project Management.
5- Pricing and how to get discount?
The University of Liverpool has flexible planes for payments, I have selected the 3 years installment plan, They offer up to 5 years installment plans.
The average cost of the whole programme is about 26,000 U.S $, Accurate cost is based on your actual payment plan. You need to divide the total amount by the number of installments as per your payment plan.Think about like you are investing some money, but this investigation is in yourself.
To get a discount of 410 $ which is 5 credit points (each module = 15 credit points), you need to find someone who studied or still studying on Liverpool Online Programme to give you a recommendation.
I can give you this recommendation if you really serious and welling to start the MSc in Project Management very soon. Just contact me using contact us link and i will do it for you. This recommendation will give me the same discount you will get.
6- Any Questions?
At the end of my feedback i wish i made it clear, and i welcome all your comments and questions.