The role of a QA-QC (Quality Assurance-Quality Control) Manager is pivotal in ensuring the highest standards of quality, compliance, and efficiency in construction projects. This job description outlines the responsibilities and qualifications required for this crucial position.
QA-QC Manager Qualifications
- A university degree in Civil Engineering provides the foundational knowledge necessary for this role.
- Computer Literacy
- Proficiency in using computer applications and software for efficient quality control management.
- Communication Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential for effective coordination and reporting.
- Quality Management Systems
- Registration or certification in quality management systems is desirable, demonstrating expertise in quality control methodologies.
- Relevant Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in quality assurance and quality control management.
QA-QC Manager Responsibilities
- Implementing IMS (Integrated Management System)
- Organize, implement, conduct, and manage the Integrated Management System (IMS) in alignment with company policies, contract specifications, and ISO 9001:2000 standards.
- Training and Motivation
- Motivate and train personnel involved in the effective implementation of the IMS system, ensuring a well-informed and skilled workforce.
- Continuous Improvement
- Monitor and review the IMS implementation periodically to identify areas for improvement and implement necessary changes to enhance quality and efficiency.
- Project-Specific Procedures
- Assess the unique needs of each new project and develop project-specific quality control procedures and plans to address them.
- Equipment Maintenance
- Ensure the optimal utilization, calibration, repair, and maintenance of measurement and testing equipment, maintaining their accuracy and reliability.
- Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Coordinate and oversee the timely completion of corrective and preventive actions in response to Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs), Corrective Action Requests (CARs), and customer complaints, ensuring that issues are resolved satisfactorily.
- Non-Conformance Management
- Maintain records of internal non-conformances and conduct follow-up activities to ensure that effective corrective and preventive actions are taken to prevent recurrences.
- Documentation and Compliance
- Collaborate with project management to ensure the proper documentation, maintenance, and submission of contract test packs (e.g., As-builts, O&M manuals) by IMS and contractual requirements.
- Quality Plan and Procedures
- Review and implement the Project Quality Plan, Inspection and Test Plan, Method Statements, and project-specific procedures to uphold the highest quality standards throughout the project.
Download the Excel Template
The QA-QC Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the quality, compliance, and efficiency of construction projects. With a strong educational background in Civil Engineering, relevant experience, and expertise in Quality Management Systems, they are responsible for implementing IMS, training personnel, driving continuous improvement, and maintaining quality control procedures across projects. Their efforts contribute to the successful execution of projects while adhering to the highest quality standards.