Changing PC name will make you unable to Connect to Primavera Database
If you are a Primavera user and suddenly you had a problem logging into your projects by seeing a message displaying through Primavera contains “Unable to connect to the database“:
- How could this problem happen?
- Changing your Computer name will prevent Primavera from finding its database.
- Can you fix this problem without formatting your device?
- Yes, You can. In the next lines we will explain the solution in steps.
When you are logging in with your user name & password through the following box :
You will see this message :
If you tried to configure your database
Primavera could message you ” Could not locate the database config library: dbconfig.exe” :
- Try to rename your device as it was exactly before changing it :
- After changing the device name and restarting open Primavera from desktop or start menu :
- Then go to your database configuration again :
- You will see this box then click next :
When you see this box you will type the Public username and password you used when installing your database at the first time. In most cases pubuser works:
Then Press Next
The Last Configuration message should be that your connection was successful :
Then Press Finish.
- Now log in with your regular username and password and you are back on track :