A Site Engineer plays a pivotal role in the construction process, ensuring that contract specifications and project requirements are met. This job description outlines the qualifications and responsibilities required for this essential position.
Site Engineer Qualifications
- A University degree in Engineering is a fundamental requirement, providing the necessary technical background for this role.
- Proficiency in computer applications is essential for various communication and documentation tasks.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary for effective coordination and reporting.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar position is required to ensure competence in managing site activities.
Download the Site Engineer Job Description Template
|No. of Direct Subordinates
|No. of Positions
|REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
|University degree in Engineering
|With excellent communication skills
|5 years of relevant work experience a in similar position
|Provide support to Foremen to ensure contract specifications requirements are met.
|Coordinate all resources to ensure project execution and completion as per agreed budget.
|Responsible to the Construction Manager for his section of the work being done as per safety and quality standards.
|Implement safe working practices as per the Company’s Health and Safety procedures.
|Ensure that Work Procedures and Method Statements for all work activities are prepared and followed during work execution.
|Liaise with the concerned Foremen to ensure that all labor, materials, and equipment are available when required.
|Ensure that correct work processes are implemented to ensure work completed is as per specifications.
|Ensure that work is constructed as per approved drawings and specifications.
|Notify the QA/QC Engineer and Client’s representative when work is to be progressed for their joint inspection.
|Prepare a Request for Inspection (RFI) and liaise with QA/QC Engineer and Consultant for the
|Encourage, promote, and maintain safe site working practices.
|Review Plant, Labor, and Material allocations and advisethe Project Manager of any potential problems.
|INTERNAL / EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
|Internally with Project Management, Client, and Consultants.
|SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS / FEATURES
|I have read and understand my job description
|Printed Name & Signature
Site Engineer Responsibilities
- Safety and Quality Standards
- Report to the construction manager and take responsibility for ensuring that the section of works under your purview adheres to safety and quality standards.
- Safe Practices
- Implement safe working practices in compliance with the company’s health and safety procedures, prioritizing the well-being of all on-site personnel.
- Work Procedures and Method Statements
- Oversee the preparation and adherence to work procedures and method statements for all work activities during execution.
- Resource Coordination
- Collaborate closely with foremen to ensure the timely availability of labor, materials, and equipment as needed for various project tasks.
- Work Processes
- Ensure that correct work processes are consistently applied to guarantee that work completed aligns with project specifications.
- Drawing and Specification Adherence
- Verify that all work is constructed strictly with approved drawings and specifications, upholding project quality.
- Inspection Coordination
- Coordinate with the QA/QC engineer and the client’s representative to schedule joint inspections when work is ready for evaluation.
- Inspection Documentation
- Prepare Request for Inspection (RFI) documents and liaise with the QA/QC engineer and consultant to arrange inspection schedules.
- Safety Promotion
- Promote and maintain safe site working practices, ensuring that safety is a top priority for all on-site activities.
- Resource Allocation
- Review allocations for plant, labor, and materials, and promptly notify the project manager of any potential problems to prevent disruptions.
- Internally, the site engineer collaborates with project management, the client, and consultants to facilitate effective communication throughout the project.
The role of a site engineer is pivotal in ensuring that construction projects are executed safely, efficiently, and in adherence to quality and specification standards.
With a strong educational background in Engineering, proficiency in computer applications, and excellent communication skills, site engineers coordinate resources, enforce safe practices, and ensure that work processes align with project requirements. Their dedication to safety and quality contributes significantly to the successful completion of construction projects.