October 10, 2016 at 8:45 am #22465
Mahmoud El Refaie
Dear Eng. Hussam Hussein ,
First of all I appreciate your effort and professional work
I have some comments want to discuss with you about your point of view about events type, Please find my comments below :
- MAR: Masonry Block : I think it is not Delay Event because it is very easy to get this certificate without any extra cost or delay.
- MAR : Lighting Fixture : I think it is Direct Delay Event , Consultant reply planned to be maximum on 15-Apr-12 ,but actually the reply sent on 12-May-12 with a lot of delay.
- RFI- 6 – Clash between Lighting Unit and Diffuser : I think it is Delay Event because “ The Consultant late reply after the contractor start in lighting fixtures activity , planned start date 15-Dec-2012 and his reply was on 1-Feb-2013.”
- SWI2 : Change Painting Color Code : I think it is Delay Event because ” The consultant sent this SWI after related material delivering to site Date 20-Oct-12 according to the time schedule. So the contractor have to submit the new material and wait for approval and make new purchasing order and wait is supply to the site “.
- SDF 2 : Doors and Windows Shop Drawing : I think it is Delay Event because “Consultant reply before SD approval date according to time schedule 29-Apr-12 , But it is clear claim as imported material take a lot of time for supply and shipping more than local material.”
- MOM : Item no.1 ( Utilities will be available on 1 July 2013 ). : I think it is Delay Event because “According to project time schedule it utilities have to be available on 21-Mar-13 not 1-July-2013 , and any delay in utilities will delay the testing and commissioning stages “ .
- MOM : Payments Delay : I think it can be a delay event if there is condition in the contract talking about payment delays if it is compensable by time and cost or not , So it depends on the contract conditions.