December 17, 2016 at 9:37 am #23403
If you don’t mind I have few comments to mention regarding your submitted assignment:
- Letter No.3, this will not be considered as an event as it was mentioned in the contract that it is not allowed to work after 6 pm.
- Material Submittal regarding “Lighting Fixture”, this will be considered as a Hidden Event, If we looked at the response date “12 May 2012” we will find 27 days delay which will delay the whole process of procurement and executing of these fixtures.
- Minutes of Meeting regarding “Payments Delay”, This will not be considered as an EOT event it is a case of direct Cost Claim.
- Minutes of Meeting Regarding “Utilities availability”, this will be considered as a “Hidden event”, The effect of these utilities may not be obvious but if we thought for few minutes we will find that it will affect the “Testing & Commissioning” Work Package, for example the pumps test requires stable source of power which will not be available in this case.
- You didn’t mention the Request for Information regarding “Clash between Lighting Unit and Diffuser”, However this event will be considered as Hidden Event, If we checked the revision date “1-February 2013” we will find that the contractor finished installing about 65% of fixtures while the RFI was sent 8 months before start which will cause to modify all installed fixtures.
- Shopdrawing regarding “Electrical Lighting Fixtures”, this event is Direct Event, If we linked between the procurement scheduled date and the response date we will know that the hole process needs to start from beginning due to the change of the type which will give the contractor the right to ask for EOT.
- Shopdrawing regarding “Doors and Windows”, this event is Hidden Event, Although the date of response is before the planned date for the shopdrawing approval but changing the door from local to imported will take longer time to procure which give the contractor to claim EOT.
- Site Work Instruction regarding “Start date for T.V System and P.A System” will not be an event, as this activity will not affect the time schedule as it already has Total Float = 78 days and the holding period is only 30 days.
- Site Work Instruction regarding “Change Painting Color Code”, this will be a Hidden Event Comparing between the SWI date “15-March 2013” and the Final Paint start date “18-March 2013” it will not considered as an event but if we checked the Painting procurement finish date “20-October 2012” we will see the event where the contractor has the right to claim the time needed to procure the painting color requested by the client.
Kindly notify me if you have any comment.