Our reply to this mail was as follows:
In order to create a manpower histogram, here are the steps:
1. You should first create the resource “Labor” in Primavera.
2. Assign the resource to the desired activities from “Add Resources”. Then, insert the calculated manhours in the “Budgeted Units”
3. After repeating the previous steps with all the activities that have the manpower, go to “Resources Assignment” and select these columns to be visible “Activity ID”, “Activity Name”, “Resource ID Name”, and “Budgeted Units” as shown below.
4. If you want to change the timescale of the budgeted units, so it can be viewed in weeks for example, you can change it by clicking right-click and choosing “Timescale”. Then, change the timescale from “Date Interval” as shown below.
5. Then, Copy the first row of the “Resource Assignment”. Moving on to Excel, “CTRL+V” then below every month (or every time interval you choose) make the equation = Manhour/(number of working days per month*working hours per day). In our example and as shown below, we have a total of 2,500 manhours in December 2023, we assume we are working 25 days per month with 8 hours of work per day. So, the average daily manpower is equal to 2,500/(25*8).
6. Now, you can easily create a histogram representing the average daily manpower needed based on both the calculated manhours and the time schedule of the project.